Keep blowing tail light/ parking light fuse 94 legacy

Every time I replace my tail lamp fuse it blows the instant I turn on the parking lights. Anyone have this problem. Is it possible the headlamp/parking lamp switch on the steering wheel is bad? Any suggestions? Robert

Reply to
antares41_41

antares, It sounds like a short in the rear wiring. Do you have a trailer wiring harness installed? Has the car been in a rear ender collision. You will probably have to trace the wiring to find the short. Sparky

Reply to
Steve Parker

Sparky, Thanks you were close, it was the wiring I have rigged in the front to work the brake lights while I am towing the car. Somehow I managed to get one of the wires (parking lights) in between one of the bolts when I tightened it down for the tow bar and the frame of the car and it worked for a while until it pinched it hard enough and it wore though. Robert

Reply to
antares41_41