Humming noise from (I think) a throttle vacuum switch???

On my 1987 740, I'm noticing a "hum", intermittently from what I think is a vacuum device. If you look at the cable spool attached to the throttle body, a cable on the end goes toward the firewall, through a diaphragm looking, black rubber 'thingy', and into the firewall. With your hand you can compress this device, as it is soft rubber.

With the engine idling, every few seconds it hums then stops then hums then stops. Can this be repaired, replaced? What is it?

Thanks!

Reply to
Jamie

I've been notified that this is probably the Cruise Control Servomechanism.

Thanks.

Jamie wrote:

Reply to
Jamie