Girl came in with a 78 240 today...

Wants to buy a new truck. Looked at the ODO, 169,000. Wow, not bad! "It's flipped", she say. Yeah, I can see...it says One hundred....um, you mean flipped as in a Million????!!!!" "Yup..."

Reply to
HachiRoku

wow...did you find out if she is or knows origional owner/owners? did you get info on maint history?...thanx...quite a "flip"... my 93 940 is comming up on 250k miles....i still have a ways to go on the "flip" situation......

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

We had the people who bought our old 1974 244 come back to us to see if we were still around with "their" 244 years after we sold it to them.... over

800K Kms on it (we had only over 100K Kms when we sold it in 1985) - I'm sure it's a flipper by now as they said they were going to run it until it stopped, they said it was running great - rusted to hell tho, as the old 240's don't seem to hold up body wise... They drove it from the Yukon to Southern Ontario (it's a 4+ day trip I believe), so I guess it was reliable.
Reply to
Rob Guenther
4 day trip?? must have be a rocket 10 days more like it

Reply to
Chong

Ok, let's see here. My step~daughter drove from Oshawa (southern) Ontario ta Dawson Creek BC in 4 dayz, no overnight stops. Dawson Creek is about 900 miles from Whitehorse Yukon. So what's that make it ? 'Bout 6-7 dayz right ?

Reply to
Twisted

Reply to
Rob Guenther

She has owned it for quite a while now, and has done all the required maintenance. I don't know what, if any, major repairs were done on it. It looks very good. If it weren't for the large lump of Bondo on it (and she works in a body shop...)

Reply to
HachiRoku

Nope... Did Toronto->Calgary->Whitehorse (Carcross, actually) a few years ago. First leg was a brutal 2.5 days, second leg was a very leisurely/scenic drive, only about 500km/day (4-5 days iirc.)

First leg was my "old" 1990 Tercel which became my mom's "new" Tercel. The last bit was the swan song for her old 1988 Tercel with almost 400K on it. Still ran fine, everything was just getting really Buicklike on it and I was upgrading to something bigger anyway.

Reply to
Ethan Hall-Beyer

Reply to
C. E. White

I think I can see how the transdimensional door opened up and swept these seemingly unrelated posers in here... a curious collection of newsgroups to which the original message was crossposted:

alt.autos.volvo alt.autos.toyota alt.binaries.images.fun

It's from the latter that we likely picked up Twisted and TJ Inc. who, as funny as they are, don't belong but are only seeing their own newsgroup and when replies are crossposted they engage.

C. E. White came to us from the Toyota group. And no, C. E., the only way you could put that many kms on a Toyota would be to fire it into space. Or tow it behind a Volvo.

blurp

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:00:29 -0400, the illustrious "C. E. White" favored us with the following prose:

Reply to
blurp

Do you ever have any original thoughts, or would you even know one if you had one?

Reply to
Larry Horse

POSTERS not posers.

sry blurp

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:30:34 -0400, the illustrious blurp favored us with the following prose:

Reply to
blurp

Keep your voice down!

Reply to
TJ inc.

Oscar Wilde would be envious of your rapier-like wit.

Reply to
Larry Horse

LOL! Thank you and may we end this feud? If I offended you I am truly sorry! I meant no harm! Biff (BTW I am an ordained minister)

Reply to
TJ inc.

What does being an ordained minister have to do with anything, and why would I, or anyone, give a rip? Being an ordained minister doesn't absolve you of your despicable, racist rephrasing of a legitimate post. More's the pity.

Reply to
Larry Horse

Oh Geeezzzzze! I was only tring to be nice! Pfffffffft! Are you serious?

Reply to
TJ inc.

There's no hope for you! Good bye!

Reply to
TJ inc.

I told him I was sorry but Horse Lips Larry is being ignorant about the whole incident. I meant no harm so lets drop it!!! Thanks, Biff

Reply to
Biff

...and he doesn't seem ta like girlz either !

Reply to
Twisted