run in with a scoob

had a run in with a scoob on me way home from work, makes a change from GTi's and saxo shit boxes :)

i floored it and couldn't lose him but he didn't have the poke to pass either which surprised me, although after that blast the guy kept up easily as i don't trust RWD on cold tarmac to much so he was on my arse all the way home :( ah well hehe

was nice little run in though! we were blasting past cars down the A130 with as always nobber BMW man trying to keep pace in a non M3 MORON!

Reply to
Vamp

and saxo shit boxes :)

which surprised me,

tarmac to much so he

as always nobber BMW

Always fun playing with "similar" cars rather than run of the mill poop. Scoobs might be getting very common, but they are still enthusiasts cars.

Just like Capris/Escorts of the past, the Italian marques and the M beemers, and most tuned Jap stuff today.

True some of the drivers are tossers, but even they still love their cars and love to drive them properly, and the beauty of "10 minutes run" is that you don't have to talk to them afterwards. Just enjoy the drive, a nd wave as you part company.

Bit like women really I suppose ;)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

10 minutes you must be a stud! 2 minute wonder here :-)
Reply to
Liam

Wow you actually wave to your women, mine are lucky if they get as much as a grunt of acknowledgement :-)

Mark

Reply to
MarkC

and saxo shit boxes

which surprised me,

tarmac to much so

as always nobber BMW

yeah was good, dunno who he was but lives near me somewhere as he turned off a few roads before mine, was a good run, looked like a new-ish shit headlight one (hate them new lights on the scoob!)

i reckon he'd of past me VERY slowly eventually. just a shame it aint a bit warmer as i'd of nailed it a bit more off the roundabout to see if i could outrun him

Reply to
Vamp

If it was a 210bhp one, then you can't drive :)

Assuming it was a 280bhp one, then he's got 50bhp on you - but then he's heavier, and he's got 4x4 tranny loss to cope with - so I suspect he'd be very evenly matched !

Reply to
Nom

heavier, and he's got 4x4

wasn't the 210bhp as it was the later ones, most newer ones are 280bhp he was almost pushing me off the roundabout but then again his motor isn't too tail happy on cold tyres :)

Reply to
Vamp

i was in a mates r5 havin a blip with a scoob, come to a medium sized roundabout and the scoob is crawling round at sub snail speeds criminal understeer... it looked shit.

Reply to
Theo