HELP! 1995 940 AC fan stopped working, compressor works

Hi All A while back I had to resolder the circuit board for the AC compressor. I got the instructions from brickboard.

I had some intermittent problems from the fan not coming on but didn't have the time to get into it. Well, now with the daily high temp averaging 92º+ in Florida the AC fan has quit entirely.

I can't find instructions or information on this problem. Does anyone know what leads to this. I think it may be something similar to the resoldering I did for the compressor connection but I was hoping for specific instructions like those found for the actual point requiring resoldering for the compressor switch.

Is there a relay I can check? Is there a solder point that I should be suspicious of? I've checked all the fuses. They're fine.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Don B.

Reply to
Don B.

Don, I had a similar problem with my 96 850 and it was the blower motor resistor switch(if I remember correctly). It is located behind the glove box. I was going to replace it myself but I had to take it in for a recall so I let them repair it. Hope that helps. Fred

Reply to
fredw

Thanks Fred. I'm going to take a look at that.

Reply to
Don B.

Well it's not the resistor switch. I still suspect the control unit in the dash with the three switches. I've done the resoldering thing and it worked for a while. Now the compressor will come on but no fan speeds. I've checked everything I can figure out. Including fuses. I just don't know how to nail it down to the AC control unit.

Any help would really come in handy about now

Thanks Don b.

Reply to
Don b.