Help: got P0116 Engine Coolant Temp CRK Range/Perf code on my '98 S70

Would like to see if any one got check engine light and the foolowing diagnostic code (from ODBII reader): P0116 Engine coolant temp CRK Range/Perf.

It's been the third time in the last 2 month that the check engine light comes and the reader reports this code. Last time I erased the diagnostic code and it did not come back in 2 month. But it happenned twice this weekend.

Car: Vovlo '98, S70, ~76,000 miles

Any idea what I should do and why this code usually come up? Coolant level is OK.

Thank you!

Reply to
I2l

Usually the thermostat is setting this code would change thermostat clear code & drive car if code comes back the ECT sensor is faulty replace the sensor

Reply to
G Klein