Help Please on my 89 240 Gl

Im trying to get this car going well. In inspecting the engine, alot of the metal parts have a rust color/whitish grey color to them. Is there any solution i can use to get rid of that deteriation? The engine is running very well. I plan on modifying some things for more power but mostly concerned in cleaning things up in there. Im replacing or just cleaning all of the rubber tubing and all, replacing some of the wiring that may be frayed or not have a secure plastic coating. My main problem is that growth ont he metal parts!!!

thanks

Pete

Reply to
Pete