how to drain fuel in V70 T5

I am about to clean the ETM (electronic throttle module) in my 1999 Volvo V70 T5 L5-2.3L Turbo VIN 53 B5234T3. I am following service bulletin and this instructs to remove intake manifold. This in turn requires draining of the fuel from the fuel rail and injectors. The manual shows special pump for doing this - which I don't have:

--> Connect adapter 999 5484 to fuel draining unit 981 2270 981 2273 and

981 2282.

This connects to a fuel rail service port with a special connector.

Is there an alternative method?

Reply to
Peter Ziobrzynski

Engine idling- pull fuel pump fuse. Allow engine to die. This will remove

80% of pressure from the rail.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)