How to find out if my 1990 240 has an EGR?

I need to replace the header pipe and in order to buy the right part I need to know if my 90 240 automatic has an egr. I'm in America. How can I find out, where do I look?

Thanks.

Reply to
notdeadyet

The EGR system uses a metal pipe connected to the exhaust manifold which leads to a valve assembly that connects to the intake manifold. I've only ever seen it on one or two 240s but it's the only small pipe branching off the exhaust system.

Reply to
James Sweet

Which is not the same as the big metal pre-heater pipe that goes to the airbox where the air filter lives, just to avoid confusion.

Reply to
Tim McNamara

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, it's always been gone on my cars.

Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks for the answers. Now I can order from FCP Groton :)

Reply to
notdeadyet