In Tank Fuel Pump 760/780 PRV

I have narrowed some of my 780 v6 hard start problem down to the in-tank fuel pump. It doesn't seem to be working at all. When I removed the cover plate in the trunk I see what looks like a large round top that looks like it is screwed in. It doesn't have any nuts holding it on like the one in the Haynes manual. Does it just screw off?

Reply to
smyrna45

If it's anything like the 740, yes it does screw off, it's very tight. Mark the position of the sender assembly against the tank before you remove it so you can get the sender back in the same position on reassembly. Beware of dropping any sealing rings/gaskets into the tank as you remove it. You will see the fuel pump attached to the sender unit as you withdraw the assembly. I did this job about 6 months ago, the only problems i had were with the clips that hold the pipes in. I ended up sawing them off, carefully! and replacing them on reassembly. The pump can be tested once removed from the tank. Needless to say, watch out for sparks and smokers!!!!!!

Reply to
Roy Bolton

You need to spin that big plastic ring around the outside of the sender. There's a special tool, of course, but you can do it with a couple of prybars, prying in opposite directions 180 degrees from each other.

Reply to
Mike F

replying to smyrna45, Eduardo Del Risco wrote: //__* Goodnight. With my Volvo 760 model 1983, engine PRV, 2.8L V6, I have problems with the petrol pump, the diaphragm is damaged, I need to replace it. Where can I get it? Thank you*__//

Reply to
Eduardo Del Risco