Electrical Gremlin '89 780?

When I turn off the ignition switch (key) the radio and heater control unit remain on. This is a new phenomena and I thought possibly something inside ignition the switch was bad and not turning off the juice?

Any help or exprience would be appreciated.

Wes - 1989 780 turbo

Reply to
News

When you turn the ignition off the ignition switch is in the auxiliary service position in which the wipers and radio should be working. When the switch is fully off (key removed) nothing should work except internal lights and the steering lock should be ready to engage. This is normal. However if your radio works with the key out you may have a problem developing in the wiring loom, or behind the switch.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

There was a fix from volvo for this but last time i checked the part was no longer available if the blower fan is on turn it off before turning car off i will do a little reasearch to see if this is being made Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Does the key reminder chime go off when you open the door in these situations? Does the steering lock engage?

I was having this problem too until I figured out that the mechanism which holds the key in the lock is worn out so the key can be removed without returning the lock to the true zero position. Next time it happens make sure you turn the key all the way back until it stops before removing it from the ignition.

Hope this helps. blurp

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:38:49 GMT, the illustrious "News" favored us with the following prose:

Reply to
blurp