IPD performance cam for 940 (nonturbo)

Has anyone installed the IPD performance cam on a 940 nonturbo and was it worth it? My old 740 turbo had so much more power I wish I could do something to this 940 to squeeze out a bit more from it...

Don B.

Reply to
Don B.

Short of putting in a turbo motor, don't waste your time/money. Bolt on performance gains are small/few. You have to do mods to the intake, AFM, ECU, exhaust, etc.. to realize the maximum potential of a cam swap.

Reply to
M.R.S.

Kinda what I thought... Oh, well thanks for the opinion.

Reply to
Don B.

If you've driven a turbo then you'll probably be dissapointed, but a performance camshaft can add quite a bit, though any cam is a compromise. If you're in the US where 940s all have slushboxes then there's not much point though, you need a manual gearbox to really take advantage of the increased high end power of the VX or K cam. There's a disadvantage too in that it kills low end torque somewhat.

Reply to
James Sweet