740 for a 940 Engine swap

If I could have about 10 mins of your time what I would like to know is as follows.

I blew a piston on my 89 Volvo 744 Turbo and bought a 94 Volvo 940 Turbo engine The only thing I notice as major different is the Distributor. The 740 has an electerical outlet on it (or a sensor or something) and the 940 doesn't

will I need swap the ditributor from 740 onto the 940

Also will it be easier to remove the engine with the transmisson on it or to disconnect the tranny an just pick the motor out?

Thanks Ryan

Reply to
Ryan

Yes, swap the distributor, you might be able to wire up the crank sensor instead like the 940 uses but swapping the distributor is likely easier.

In a 700 there's a lot of clearance, it's easier to swap the tranny with the motor out.

Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks...

I got the engine trany out and notcied the oiler filter is different with the rad/cooler it's atached to at the front of the engine

Will this be a problem?

Reply to
Ryan

Swap the oil cooler thermostat and oil filter mounts as well. To use the stuff on the '94, you need the rad. And with the change from air cooled oil cooler on the '89 to water cooled oil cooler on the '94, the intercooler, A/C condenser and some A/C pipes all changed.

Reply to
Mike F