Larger tires on a 1990 740 GL Wagon

Hey guys.

I just picked up a 1990 740GL Wagon for a very reasonable price. The front tires are close to bald, and I've got another car (junker) laying around that I wouldn't mind taking the tires from...a 1988 Mercury Cougar. Problem is, they are 225/70-14. I know that that'll result in about a 2-3/4" lift in a car that's pretty high to begin with, and obviously some serious speedo defects. But would these tires rub against the wheel wells (front or rear...sides or tops...)

Thanks Fred.

Reply to
ppie

Your front rotors may be too big for 14" wheels. And these tires may be so tall that they'll hit the spring seat on the front struts. Also you'd need to find a wheel at least 6" wide, 7" would be preferable for this tire.

Reply to
Mike F