tyres tires 740 turbo 1990

I have a 1990 turbo 740 with stock 205 55 16 tires tyres on .I wish to up grade to 225 50 16 tires tyres which gives me the same diameter .Question will they fit under the guards and not tangle with the struts .Don't mind if the foul the tie rods as the current tyres tires do any way .Would like a bigger foot print .Looking at firestone Z50s which seem good value for dollar .Don't speed just want braking and handling in an emergency or on wet road .Currently got Pirellis touchy in the wet noisy .Most likely cause their old and hard .Also thinking of Nitrogen so the tyres \ tires are softer but stable .Like to run my tires tyres at least at 36 psi on a trip

38 so they don't flex too much or get too hot .3 Volvo's just now which makes it 4 all told -1988 turbo 740 1990 turbo 740 - 240 auto 1990 and lest we forget the old 264 V6 long gone .Would like to hear of any personal experiences with tire \ tyre brands on turbos .
Reply to
John Robertson