Level of Automatic trans

On the dipstick it has a cold and hot fill, I have always checked cold at under 70f without motor running and hot level with motor running and hot motor, is this correct on V40. I don`t see it stated in the manual I have.

Reply to
ransley

You should always check with the motor running, otherwise the level will read higher than it is. I don't recall the specified temperature, but

70F is probably fine, whatever it is when you first start it up in the morning, and then the hot level is when everything has reached operating temperature.
Reply to
James Sweet

When I deal with automatic transmissions, I just always use the hot level, it's more predictable than cold, and generally that's where the thing spends the most time while in use.

Reply to
James Sweet