Mixing different brands of oil.

Hi,

Any thoughts on the advisability or otherwise of mixing 10W-30 oil of different brands (Castrol GTX; Valvoline Premium; Quaker State)?

Andy I. ('97 850 AWD wagon, light turbo, stickshift; ~166 000 Km / 103 000 miles)

Reply to
Andy

It shouldn't cause any problems at all. It's a good idea to stick to the same viscosity though.

Reply to
James Sweet

: > Any thoughts on the advisability or otherwise of mixing 10W-30 oil of : > different brands (Castrol GTX; Valvoline Premium; Quaker State)? : >

: > Andy I. ('97 850 AWD wagon, light turbo, stickshift; ~166 000 Km / 103

000 : > miles) : >

: >

: : : It shouldn't cause any problems at all. It's a good idea to stick to the : same viscosity though.

Thank you James for the prompt response, and for it being the one I was hoping for........ Since the wagon is using quite a bit of oil, and the price of oil has risen so high, I grab any of the brands mentioned that are on sale.

Andy I.

Reply to
Andy

CHEAP OIL AIN'T CHEAP the seals leaking might be an issue so they will need replacing even if they are ok better while it's easy to access to replace the seals as well . Junk oil is junk oil ,cheap oil is the best you can afford .

Reply to
jrobertson