Moaning 850 ||| attn:volvowrench and others|||FOLLOW-UP|||

I have posted this issue with my car, and several people gave responses, including volvowrench, and I wanted to post a follow-up. The problem was: The car moans when started cold. It's coming from the engine and goes away after 60 seconds of warm up. This sounds rises and falls with the rpms of engine, it's clearly drive belt related. Car has a new camshaft belt, water pump.

So I takes her to the Volvo dealer for the 110k service, that was only US $70. Not bad, but this service interval doesn't include a great deal. I explained the moaning issue to them and asked for an estimate. They said: Parts:

8630590---idler pulley--$87 9135036--tension pully---$103 9146693--damping element--$140

Labor: +/- $400

And the rub too much: No guarantees it would fix it. $700 + dollars and it might still have the issue. Don't know what to do. The Volvo tech there has 15+ years of experience day in and day out working on Volvos. If anyone has a diagram of the camshaft belt area, please post it. Any advice thanks.

Just wanted to follow-up.

I have been driving the car with this sound for 9 thousand miles! She hasn't come apart yet. Hopefully any of the above parts would begin to make noise constantly before failing.

Like I said, just a follow-up thanks for the input.

Steve

Reply to
Steve J.

les.watson