motorail train

Hi,

I just found this newsgroup and here's my first query. We are taking our

2001 V 70 on a German motorail train from Kornwestheim to Westerland/Sylt in August. According to regulations the alarm system has to be switched off before the trip but since it is connected to the central locking device we would have to leave the doors unlocked during the entire journey at speeds up to 160 kmh. Or is there a way of locking the car doors without activating the alarm system? Your suggestions will be much appreciated.

Greetings,

Ho

Reply to
Holger Freese

Hi Holger

Sorry, can't help with the car except maybe lock car and then disconnect the battery? You should then be able to open without power the drivers door and open the bonnet to reconnect. Have done this with my V40 when leaving it unattended for long periods.

By the way, is it Kornwestheim near Ludwigsburg? Long way to Sylt - will be quite a trip. I envy you.

gruss

John

Reply to
John Smith

Yes, it is.

Yes, takes almost 14 hours too. But we think it's worth it because it is a two-day trip over the congested autobahn from the Black Forest, where we live, to List/Sylt, the northernmost tip of Germany. Thanks for your advice. However, I'll ask the people at my Volvo garage again.

Ho

Reply to
Holger Freese

Lock manually with the key - not using the remote ?

Nick

Reply to
Nick

I would try that first too, that works on most cars. If not, the car has a button at the climate control unit, where you can reduce the alarm sensitivity but ignoring the signals from the level indicator and movement sensor. Read how to do that in the user manual. Then these signals are ignored and the alarm only goes off when someone tries to open doors etc.

Greetings Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard