odo reading kilometers instead of miles

This has happened to my 1995 850 glt about 4 times. My last reset from the dealer has been less than a year. the dealer said that if it continues to happen that i would need a new computer chip, which probably cost quite a bit. Is there anything i can do to get this back to miles instead of kilometers. I have read some newsgroups that said if you get a new odo gear that might help. any other suggestions? this is putting too much mileage on my already high mileage car

Reply to
Bill