Odometer Gear in 1978 Volvo

Hello

I have a 1978 Volvo sedan with a broken odometer. I took the instrument panel out this weekend and found the big gear right next to the one mile odometer gear is spinning on the shaft. I have two question

  1. Is this the gear that is usually broken ?

  1. Where can I found this gear?

Thank you in advance Christopher

Reply to
Christopher

Hello

I have a 1978 Volvo sedan with a broken odometer. I took the instrument panel out this weekend and found the big gear right next to the one mile odometer gear is spinning on the shaft. I have two question

  1. Is this the gear that is usually broken ?

  1. Where can I found this gear?

Thank you in advance Christopher

Reply to
Christopher

That's a pretty common problem. There's no source I know of for that gear, but some have had success with a drop of superglue to keep it from spinning on the shaft. It wouldn't be horrendously expensive to produce a batch of them but you'd want to make quite a few at once.

Reply to
James Sweet

Try:

This guy makes them (onesey twosy, I think, as need)

Check the mechanical gears area of the website. Count the teeth on your gear and then order.

James Sweet wrote:

Reply to
Steve Rogers
  I bought a Volvo 240 gear from him and my meter working fine again now.  2  240 from Hong Kong.        (Restoring now , new paint using M.Benz.  S Class Silver/Blue...)

Steve Rogers ¼g¤J¡G

Reply to
TWC