odometer reset '86 740

I'm replacing the speedometer (VDO) in our 86 740. How can I reset the mileage in the replacement to match the one in the car? (We have 400k miles -- all ours!!), and we want to continue.

j corey

Reply to
Jim Corey

It's pretty tricky to take apart the odometers in the 700 series. I would connect a pulse generator to the input and let it run long enough to rack up the miles, it takes some electronics knowledge to throw something like that together though.

Reply to
James Sweet