old, rounded volvos.....

I never converted one myself although I thought about it several times but I have seen some really kludgy jobs done.

Reply to
c.fiedler

what are the main drawbacks to an old 6v vs. 12v system? weakness, or just un reailibility..?.....thanx...richard / colorado

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Hi,

~^ beancounter ~^ schrieb:

I think, you can search for the headlights with a candle... ;-)

Roland

Reply to
Roland Messerschmidt

The 12 v batteries are much easier to find and a 12 v system is much better for starting in cold weather. 6 volt systems must use twice the current and are much more sensitive to resistance in cables and cable terminations. 6 volt systems have twice the voltage loss and half the voltage loss tolerance. So the problem is 4 times as bad percentage wise.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

I see...thanx....Richard / colorado

Reply to