Pollen filter for '93 850GLT

My '93 doesn't seem to have pollen filter. I have checked above the passenger side of the car and there is an opening for some sort of a filter but there is no filter housing etc. I went to Volvo dealer and got a filter eventhough they were not 100% sure if it would fit on 93. Part number on the box is 91712296. On the invoice it says the part is 9186262. The one I got seems to be too big. Is it possible that I have wrong part? Do I need some sort of a mounting kit to mount it on the opening first? I followed this link (under repairs/filters/pollen filter)to check for filter but not sure if '93 850s had this option.

Also I noticed some people using customized furnace filters. Does this really work?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
david

You will need the installation kit the parts department should have asked you if there is a pollen filter already installed so they could have sold you the correct items for your car Glenn

Reply to
G Klein

Yes. Look, for example, at this page from IPD:

cheers,

Henry

Reply to
Henry

They apparantly messed up the part number on the invoice.

9171296 is the pollen filter 9186262 is the air filter

When you dont have a pollen filter already, you need a complete package of both filter and adapter, thats part no. 9192522. Next time you replace you only need the filter 9171296.

So you need them to take back the filter you already bought and exchange it for a complete package.

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard

Or keep the filter for next filter change....

Arne. Oslo, Norway.

1987 Volvo 240 GLT
Reply to
Arne H. Falch