Fuses and lights on a 1980 240DL

Just got a 1980 Volvo 240DL Needed work But a FREE car always does. My problem is all the fuses are gone and so is the sticker on the fuse box cover. Can anyone tell me what size fuses go in what spot and hopefuly what they are for. Also I need a left rear 5 square taillight and right front signal-sidemarker-light. Any ideas where i can find them used and cheap. I was told by local salvage yards there like gold and very hard to come by. If you can help please E-Mail me Thanks,

Reply to
Steven Bergstrom

Hi Steven, The following fuse box arrangement applies to the '79 240, but I'm assured that the '80 is similar:

#1 8A #2 16A #3 16A #4 8A #5 8A #6 8A #7 16A #8 8A #9 8A #10 16A #11 16A #12 8A #13 8A #14 empty #15 8A #16 8A

To find out "what they are for" you'll need to acquire a wiring diagram. I tried scanning mine to send you a copy , but the result is unreadable. Perhaps someone here with better equipment can do it for you.

Good Luck. Andy I.

Reply to
brackenburn

You can always buy new lights online, repro ones are available that are decent and not horribly expensive (hey you got the car for free, may as well spend a few hundred bucks making it nice)

Reply to
James Sweet

To add to Andy's post...this is from my '81 Turbo, but should still apply.

light, cent. locks, elec antenna

Reply to
don hodgdon

You're in luck. You can go to the Volvo website and download the owners manual for your specific Volvo. That should give you all the information you need for fuses and everything else. Go here:

Then choose "Search Library" and follow the prompts. As for parts, I'm a devotee of Swedish Engineering. Go to swedishengineering.com, find the branch closest to you, and give them a call. It's almost certain they'll have just what you need at the best price you'll ever find, and they can get it to you faster than anyone else I've ever dealt with.

Hope this is all helpful. Good luck!

Reply to
PButler111