Power stearing fluid on Volvo 850.

Owners manual recomands using ATF fluid in power stearing. Previous owner had the car serviced in corner garage. How can I know if they used regular power stearing fluid or ATF, and can I mix the two fluids.

Reply to
Adam

Any ATF is OK for your power steering, even if they used power steering fluid. Power steering fluid is not consumed, you normally shouldn't have to add any. Is there a leak somewhere?

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks for the info Mike. Previous owner once had a leak and replaced rock-n-pinion. For now fluid level is the same, but I am watching it closely.

Reply to
Adam

Reply to
John Robertson