problems?

I have just recently bought a volvo 740 and when the 1/3 of the gas is gone, I am having problems starting the car. What could be the problem? If the weather is hot outside, I have to crank the engine at least three times before it actually starts.

Reply to
ren

There's a hose that connects the in tank pump to the fuel delivery pipe that comes out the top of the sender. If this hose deteriorates, then this symptom occurs, especially with a bad tank pump.

Reply to
Mike F