PS Pump noise

I put in the "new" PS pump, got the belts tight, put on the new hose, and filled the tank. Now it makes a whir noise, BUT it's not unlike that of some other PS pumps Ive heard. But since I haven't had a good PS pump in the thing (ever) and I haven't had a car with with PS period, I forgot if thats a good sound or not.

It does kind of sound like the noise my dads caddie makes, and his old suburban makes, so I don't know if it's a bad noise.

Reply to
Blazer Fan Dan

After filing the tank, turn the steering wheel to the stop on one side, reverse the process to the other side and do that 3 or 4 times. Top up the tank after each time you complet the left/right movement.

Reply to
Joe

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com...

thanks.

Reply to
Blazer Fan Dan

Actually, you are not supposed to turn it to the end of travel all the way to each side: try to stop each turn just short of reaching the end of travel.

Reply to
Mr. V

after I did the left/right/left/right thing (not all the way) and checked the tank, it was fine.

Reply to
Blazer Fan Dan

Reply to
Dale Prince