Purolator=MANN?

Did anyone else know that Purolator filters

has this notation at the bottom of their web page?

"Purolator Filters NA LLC, a joint venture company of the Bosch and MANN+HUMMEL groups"

I know MANN filters are highly regarded, but a difficult to come by for non-Swedish vehicles in North America. What is the general opinion on Bosch and the product of this joint venture?

Walt Kienzle

Reply to
Walt Kienzle

It would appear that the Purolator brand name as it applies to automotive applications is owned by a joint venture. It was purchased from Arvin-Meritor a large parts supplier. What is not clear is whether Clarcor the owner of the Purolator name for industrial and other non-automotive filters has licensed use of the name. Anyone know more about the history?

Bosch certainly has a long established excellent reputation in the automotive field. The filters marketed with the Purolator name also have a large and devoted following. As do Mann filters.

I'm not sure I understand your question though.

Reply to
Roadie

Clarcor is the company associated with the purolatorair.com website.

I'm just gathering opinions and exploring alternatives; thank you for your response. I'm not a big fan of Fram oil filters, but that is what is most commonly available. Mann is great, but hard to find in varoius sizes. Purolator seems to be a good quality, readily available alternative at an attractive price.

Reply to
Walt Kienzle