Anyone else do this.

I'll come in the house exhausted after a long day in the garage, suck up some air conditioning and turn on the TV. Maybe at 10PM I'll wander back out in the garage, detail and paint one side of some parts for instance, maybe pick up some tools and head back in the house. A hour or two later, go back out and paint the other side. I get a lot done in those little half hour jobs. BTW, I've out N8'd N8 on the detailing on his Daytona, just painted the carb return springs the correct blue and black.

Reply to
John Poulos

midlant

I think your giving Nate ideas

Jeff DeWitt

snipped-for-privacy@earthl> How much did you stretch the coiled section of them for good drying and

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

How does one get a hold of the paint details like that? I would paint every thing original color if I new what color it should be. I have a 59 Lark VI so does anyone have all the details about what color should be on what? I have painted the engine silver and all that had the same color paint, that I could tell. Other under hood stuff that was black, again if I could tell it was originally black. Front shocks were a copper/gold color so they got a repaint. The finer details like springs got a coat of black. Bolts got black, silver, or clear over the cleaned metal. The L-head six is quite bland compared to some of the V8's with yellow covers and orange fans.

So, if any one has the 59 paint colors I will do my best to get it original.

Wiz.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz

No fear, I have created enough work for myself today to keep myself from doing any kind of anal-retentive detailing any time soon.

nate

(got to replace those @#$@#$%^$%^ flywheel bolts... I did NOT want to do that...)

Jeff DeWitt wrote:

Reply to