940 Back hanging down

Hello,

I have a 1995 940 LPT estate with an LPG conversion. As a result there is an LPG tank in the spare wheel well, as well as the spare wheel in the boot. The result of this is that the back hangs down a little.

However when I pull our sailing dinghy and load the boot with all the paraphernalia required to go camping with a wife and two children the back hangs down a lot. At night time oncoming traffic will often flash us as our dipped headlights dazzle them.

What options are there to prevent the back hanging so low?

A local garage has suggested placing a set of (smaller) inner suspension springs inside the standard ones. They showed me their 740 fitted with these and it looks neat. However I don't know if these will make the suspension too stiff (after all most of the time we don't tow a boat and don't have the boot loaded with camping kit).

Any opinions?

Thanks, Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Jenkins

Volvo sold overload springs for the 200 series, I believe IPD sells them too. They may have something for a 900 but I've never checked. The inner springs are a good idea as well, it will make the ride a bit stiffer, but just the right amount of spring will get you back to where you started.

Reply to
James Sweet