Q: B21A => B21A+electrical ignition

Hi all,

I want to exchange my mechanical ignition from my 244GL " 81 to electrical ignition. I hope to improve the idle and mileage as well as power ;-)

I have bought:

- the electrical control unit that should be mounted on the left side.

-distributor with sensor (this should be easy interchangeable with my current distributor)

- wireing

All items where stripped form a 240 "88 B200K European engine.

My questions:

- do I need a different ignition coil or can I kepp my existing one (what is the difference)

- should I connect all items according to page 5-6 chapter 5 from the Haynes repair manual?

Any tips or assistance (The Netherlands, Amsterdam area) are welcome.

Thanks in advance!!

Martijn

Reply to
Martijn