Questions on options, volvo's, etc...

I was a long-time Volvo customer (67 1800S, a bunch of 140's and a 242T back int he early 80's) but switched to buying Saabs for some reason back in the late 80's. I'm now considering switching back but don't know a whole lot about Volvo's. I always buy cars a few years "used" so a few quetsions:

What's the difference between an S80 and a S60? do either of them come with AWD? Do either of them come with the high-pressure Turbo option? (What's that called? Saab calls it Aero) Which one is more reliable?

Which, if any, volvo's have the ability to either install or have built support for cell phones? Any of htem via Bluetooth? If not, does the audio system have the ability to pipe a hands-free kit into it? (The Saab 9-5 does this very well, the mic is in the car from the factory and the audio system has an audio in wire and a mute/switch to cell wire)

Which of hte models are FWD? The last Volvo that I drove was a RWD model and I now live in Rochester NY at the top of an uphill 300' long driveway.

What's the equivalent in terms of size and features to the Saab 9-5 (the larger of the Saab models)

What will I like over the Saab? What will I miss?

thanks

Reply to
Bill Jackson

What's the difference between an S80 and a S60?

OVERALL ROMM, SIZE AND WEIGHT...THE S80 IS BIGGER, SLOWER, AND MOR COMFY...ESP FOR FOLKS IN THE BACK SEAT....

do either of them come with AWD?

BOTH...

Do either of them come with the high-pressure Turbo option?

BOTH...THE S60R IS PROB THE FASTEST AND SPORTIEST YOU NEED TO DRIVE THEM FOR AT LEAST A DAY TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE LIKE...

(What's that called? Saab calls it Aero) Which one is more reliable?

THEY ARE BOTH PRETTY RELIABLE, IF YOU TAKE CARE OF THEM...

Which, if any, volvo's have the ability to either install or have built support for cell phones?

BOTH

Any of htem via Bluetooth?

I THINK BOTH

If not, does the audio system have the ability to pipe a hands-free kit into it?

YEP, BOTH

(The Saab 9-5 does this very well, the mic is in the car from the factory and the audio system has an audio in wire and a mute/switch to cell wire)

Which of hte models are FWD? The last Volvo that I drove was a RWD model and I now live in Rochester NY at the top of an uphill 300' long driveway.

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

What will you like over the Saab? Probably, the Saab stories...Have that read "Sob". Over and above that, you won't be able to jump up in a Sport's Bar and yell at the monitor..."That's my car, designed by 16 aircraft engineers". Aside from that, maybe missing Mr. GoodWrench?

Germans will love this one! Can I still drink my Starbucks Latte while listening to Wagner? I only asked because the Wiemar Republik seems to be coming to the good old U.S. of A.

SAAB. The only car manufacturer that has grounded an entire air force. :)

Reply to
Crazy Dog