Random stalling on my old 95 850 -- SOLVED!

I'd been getting random stalling. Driving along and BOOM! Dead engine, coast to a stop on the shoulder, wait 10-15 minutes, restart and go on.
Well, things just weren't going well. I'd spent over $1000Cdn on various items and absolutely no joy. Finally, I got fed up with spending another $1000 and no guarantee.
Sold the car for about $1300 to one of the local butcher boys (works in a butcher shop).
Last week, I dropped in and he came bouncing over.
"I got it!"
Turns out that he'd been talking with a local mechanic and the suggestion was that the gascap be backed off a bit after putting it on.
Pressure builds upin tank and sensors burp.
New gascap solved the problem.
byrocat wrote:

On modern vehicles I consider gas caps a maintenance item and replace them routinely at the 5-6 year old mark. Cheap to do and prevents this kind of weird problem.
John

Site Timeline