Crankshaft seal HELP

I have changed timing belt and the front crankshaft seal in my 1989 Volvo

740 Wagon. Now the crankshaft seal leaks more than ever. I used great care in installing the new one and set it back into the opening an eighth of an inch or so. Does anyone have any experiance with installing front crankshaft seals? According to the web site where I bought the seal (Victor brand) I need a special tool to install. If so, does anyone know where I can purchase such a tool? Any help will be deeply appreciated. Jim
Reply to
Anonymous

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hidden.now by Anonymous dropped his wrench, scratched his head and mumbled,

What James said plus probably the spring came off the back side of the seal during installation.

Bob

Reply to
volvowrench