Wheel Bearing Replacement

Does anyone know whatthe average £ cost is to replace a front wheel bearing on a Space Wagon Front wheel (drivers side)?

Franco

Reply to
Franco

In C$, about $50 for the bearing, $25 for the seals, and 1.5 hours of labour, so about £75

Stewart DIBBS Canada

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

I don't know much about cost but be sure to find a shop that has the tool to do it on the car....Without the tool the hub has to be removed and the bearing pressed out....Time = money here. I have a homemade tool and I did a rear bearing on my old Colt Vista AWD in about two hours. The bearings from Mitsu are only about $30 and cheaper in the aftermarket I suspect. Personally I would feel very uncomfortable paying any more than $150US (parts included) to have this done. I think that the on the car tool might be called a "Hubshark" or something to that effect........

Reply to
Outlander

I used to have a Vista AWD too, and I've changed rear wheel bearings. But the question is about changing the FRONT bearing. You have to take the knuckle off the axle to get the bearing out, so there's no saving in "doing it on the car" (which in fact would be harder), and a press (which all garages have) is simple and effective. And it does take around an hour to do the whole job, so being changed 1.5 hours is a fair labour price.

DO buy the bearing from an aftermarket supplier, not the dealer or you'll pay double.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS