Rear window heater

I have a 87 940GL wagon and the rear window heater has quit. I think the fuse is #21 and it and the other fuses check good. The light on the switch does not come on. So, if the fuse is good, where do I look?

ED

Reply to
Ed

Are you sure the window heater doesn't work, or could it be just that the lightbulb in the switch has burned out?

Reply to
James Sweet

Oh come on, cut the poor guy some slack.

Even a knuckle dragging moron can tell if the rear window defroster is worker, especially in the winter.

Duh.

Ed, check it with a test light when it is "On."

Touch the prod first at the place where the wire attaches to the grid: if it lights up, you have power to there, and a break in the grid.

Keep testing until you find the break, then repair it with the inexpensive repair kits sold for that exact purpose at car parts stores.

Reply to
Mr. V

I do not believe the relay is working. The light in the switch does not come on. I cant find the fuse number in my owners panel and there is no mention of where the relay is located. My service manual refers to the relay but does not show where it is located.

Reply to
Ed

The relay is probably in the panel with the rest of the relays. I'm not sure a bad relay would keep the lamp in the switch from coming on.

Reply to
James Sweet