Trip meter reset button stuck

1985 245, everything on the instrument cluster works fine - except the button you push to reset the trip meter. It is square, and seems to be dislodged somewhat. I don't want to break it, but it feels like it is either lifted up vertically too much, or slipped off track. I can't pull it back nor push it in at all.

Any hints or tricks for this without pulling the cluster?

Thanks, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Pulling the cluster only takes a few minutes, it's where I'd start.

Reply to
James Sweet

You'll probably need to do that.

The button is connecting to the reset mechanism with quite thin piece of plastic. That's could be broken.

Liberal use of epoxy glue and loosening the spring there helped me. I also removed some obstacles from the cluster side so I could add more epoxy. ;)

Reply to
Sakari Ailus

Reply to
Jamie