Rear wiper arm on wagon

This might fall into the category of dumbest question ever (a line I often walk). My rear wiper on the 95 850 turbo wagon only covers about half of the window, losing contact with the glass about midway through the stroke and leaving a dirty half-moon at the top of the window. I've replaced the wiper blade, but is there some secret to getting the wiper to hug the glass through the entire pass? We used to just bend the dang arms on cars when we were kids to get them to contour correctly, but I wonder if it is just a spring that can be tightened or something like that.

My quick google search and volvo forum search turned up nothing on this and would sure appreciate your help. Thanks. South Dakota Tom

Reply to
Thomas M. Keller

Tom

What fixed that for me was to spring the blade away from the rear screen (as if you were going to manually clean the glass or replace the wiper blade) and then to apply a lubricant to the pivot in the wiper arm just by where it attached to the motor spigot on the tailgate - I used WD40 but that's not really a lubricant, possibly 3 in 1 or any light machine oil to free it up.

Pivot the arm back and forth between on-screen and off-screen a few times, perhaps apply a little more lubricant, pivot back to blade on screen and Robert's your mothers brother.

Richard Web pages:

for caravanning,
for my personal web site and
because I love the email address.