Repair facilities in Anaheim Hills, CA?

Anybody have anything good or bad to report about Import Auto on La Palma Ave? I have verified they are ASE Certified and on Auto Club's list of approved service providers.

I have a 2001 S80 with a bad transmission. It's slipping and whining and a sign on the dash says "SERVICE TRANSMISSION - URGENT" so I don't have a few days to mull this over.

As I understand it there are 3 possibilities --- 1) the TCM programming has become corrupted and it may be possible to let it reprogram itself. 2) The valve body may be boogered up somehow and need replacement, or 3) the trans itself may need to be replaced. Obviously that'd be a whole lot more costly than either of the first two possibilities.

I'm looking for a repair shop that will be honest enough to give me the straight scoop and not just automatically try to sell me a whole transmission that I may not need. Maybe Import Auto is a good place. Maybe not. The whole damn car - in running condition - is probably only worth about $6,000.00 so I sure don't want to spend a whole lot of money on it.

TIA,

Pat

Reply to
Padraig

Don't know about Import Auto (but if you try them, report back) I've used a m&p right around the corner from work. Nothing big but they seem like straight shooters.

Made in Sweden Inc-Volvo (714) 529-9910

861 W Lambert Rd Brea, CA 92821

Embarrassing... I parked my '83 245 next to the owner's wife's 81? 245. Same color and interior except hers is mint and mine is, well... used.

Reply to
clay

Thanks for the tip clay.

Well, I guess I'll find out about Import Auto. I had it towed over there this evening. I'll let ya know.

Pat

Reply to
Padraig

The whole damn car in NOT running condition is worth zero - or pretty close to it.

I don't understand the logic here at all. You are looking for transportation - right? So if I follow your comment correctly, if the repair bill came in at $2k then you would not repair the car, but would then turn around and spend an even greater amount of money on another used car or a new car. I've heard that argument before to justify skimping on a repair and I do not get it. The reason we buy and repair cars is because they provide transportation. And it makes the most financial sense to make our cars run for a long as possible.

Reply to
Roadie