What MPG should I be getting 2.4 volvo s70 auto

What miles per gallon should I be getting from a volvo s70 2.4 automatic (non turbo, with only 1 person in the car)? Its displaying

22.5 at the moment with from a mixture of road conidtions. Is that a bit low?
Reply to
Alan

UK or US mpg?

If US, sounds about right, a touch on the low side perhaps.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

It's about right given the fact that temperature, altitude, driving habits and driving situation all have a big impact on mpg.

Reply to
Roadie

I used to get around 24 mpg in normal mixed use from a V70 2.4 LPTurbo estate, my 2.5 20v (same engine) Renault Safrane would do anywhere between

17 and 37 mpg...
Reply to
Pete M

Since its a UK car I presume its UK mpg? Is 22.5 low? Seems like its due a service , could this have an impact on it? Surely if its due a service you would think they would have designed it to stay lit all the time? I have been mistakenly thinking it just satyed on for the first 2 mins as some kind of test thing.

How much should a service cost for one of these?

Reply to
Alan

Just to note, this is a UK car, so it will UK mpg. Not sure how that differes to US mpg?

Reply to
Alan

US gallons are smaller..

Reply to
Tony Bond

Depends on the mileage and what needs doing!!! (cue how long is a piece of string)

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

I thought everything in the US was bigger ! ;-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Low 20s in local driving, high 20s to low 30s at steady state highway running is pretty much normal for these.

Reply to
John Horner