Replacing 2001 Volvo V70 XC AWD Transfer Case

Hello, My Volvo recently broke down and I had it towed to nearest garage. The mechanic says the transfer case part of the transmission needs to be replaced. I called a transmission repair place and the guy told me that it isn't that simple and that the electronics on Volvos are complicated and that the computer needs to be "relearned" (whatever that means). What do you think of this?

Reply to
ydawson

Makes general sense. I would strongly recommend that the evaluation and work be done by a Volvo dealer or mechanic throughly familiar with the car.

Reply to
Roadie

If its a manual trans then no. The ECU hasnt a clue what gearbox is fitted,

If its an auto, then yes.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

There are no electronics connected to any of the AWD system on your car.

Reply to
Mike F