S70 Lamda Sensor

I have a 1997 S70 2.5 20v. The lamda sensor warning light has come on three times over the last 12 months and been reset by volvo twice. Volvo say there is no fault but charge me £22 to reset it each time. I have noticed that each time the warning light comes on the road has been wet but other than that I can find nothing wrong with the wiring etc. (the Volvo dealer tells me that it is the rear lamda sensor which is throwing up the fault).

Any ideas?

Reply to
Andy Lee

Nope.

A tip i got for removing the warning lamp. I get the warning too,but for a different reason.

reset light by:- open bonnet open fuse/relay box by airfilter remove rear 2 fuses (one is yellow,one is red)-control ecu and fuel ecu, just the back 2! refit fuses after 3minutes refit lid of fuse/relay box shut bonnet start engine-no lights!!!!

Tommy Fallsen

Reply to
Tommy Fallsen

The lambda warning light on my '98 V40 began to come on intermittently ... checked with dealer who said the sensor was probably at fault but to watch for change in pattern of behaviour. Sure enough it came on never to go off just before a long trip. On return the dealer wrote off the sensor and fitted a replacement at a cost of in excess of 280 gbp - fortunately the car was still under warranty.

Reply to
David Jobbins

"Andy Lee" schreef in bericht news:bqav0s$c4q$ snipped-for-privacy@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...

Hi andy,

I have the same problem too with my V70 T5. First they resetted it for me, but after a while, about 4 weeks the problem appeared again. after they replaced a new lambda sonde I thought that the problem was solved....but NO....

I got to go 4 times back to the garage to fix the same problem. The last time they found that a small play between the engine and the exaust branch pipe.They finally fixed the sealing and said the problem was over.

But I drove the car for about 3 weeks then the lamp light up again. then I went back to VOLVO again. and this time they replace a new sensor for me until now... 4 weeks later the lamp has not lightened yet. But I'm not sure whether the problem really has solved. I'll keep you informed abou this o.k.???

Greetz Edwin.

Reply to
wkcheung

thanks for your answers.. I'll try your resetting procedure Tommy.

Cheers Andy

Reply to
Andy Lee