safe to use red line mtl in a v70?

i have a 2006 v70 wagon with a MANUAL transmission and am looking to replace the transmission fluid. i called the dealer and they want $25 a quart (!) for their manual transmission fluid. i was wondering if it was ok to use red line's mtl (manual transmission lubricant) in it's place. i use red line mtl in my bmw and have had no issues with it.

thanks, jim

Reply to
ksampson3

You could contact Redline tech support and ask. AFAIK, Volvo has never published specifications for their magic manual transmission fluid so it is hard to know what a suitable substitute might be.

Redline has an online form you can fill out to get their recommendations for your situation:

John

Reply to
John Horner

It is some magic brew 100% synthetic trans fluid, but as John says, Volvo have never published any spec for it. Redline isnt freely available in the UK, but certainly Castrol UK nor Morris Lubricants were able to supply anything that was suitable when I last checked.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Redline MTL is good quality synthetic stuff which they claim is suitable for all manual gearboxes. I'd go ahead and use it, the technology doesn't differ much from one manual gearbox to another.

Reply to
James Sweet