Scantech parts/Tie Rod Assembly

Hi folks... I need to buy a Tie Rod Assembly for my 240. Just wondering - are scantech parts good quality?

Thanks for reading...

Allan

Reply to
Allan

Also, while I think of it... Does anyone know if the threads are the same on different brands? In other words - would a nut from a genuine Volvo Tie Rod Assembly fit the thread of the Scantech one?

Reply to
Allan

Dunno about the quality of Scantech, but the big thing to watch for is the mfr of the rack. ZF tie rods and cam gear tie rods are not interchangeable at all.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I'm not a fan of Scantech parts personally.

For tie rod ends and assemblies you can often find TRW, Moog or Meyle aftermarket parts. Any of those would be my preference over Scantech.

You can check several sources for these:

John

Reply to
John Horner