need your opinion.supercharger or turbocharger.

i have a 95 volvo 960 with a v6 engine and rwd what do u think is best.thanks

Reply to
SAMUEL

Yank the V6: too much trouble to do a custom turbo or blower install.

Drop in a built turbocharged four banger, or a built chevy 350.

Reply to
Mr. V

It's an inline 6, not a V6.

Reply to
Aawara Chowdhury

Or it's an '85 760, and either option will blow the engine, or at least destroy the heads. Just put some really cool taillight lenses on it, and maybe a "Turbo" decal, kid.

Reply to
mj

The S80 T6 used a very similar engine with twin turbos, I believe the compression was lower and a different engine management system. Personally I'm a big proponent of turbos, they're much more elegant and efficient. I think your best bet would be to find the T6 motor and use a custom fuel system like Megasquirt, or at least use MS on the motor you have. Adding a turbo requires some special considerations so you don't blow the motor. Motors that came with a turbo to begin with are a better bet.

Reply to
James Sweet

Check out the Turbobricks website for some sensible answers to your question. Most Volvo tuners tend to lean towards turbos rather superchargers

Reply to
Ronnie

Well, first it is an inline 6 and not a v6. Second, I don't think I would consider adding a device to dramatically increase power output on an eleven year old car that likely has milage close to 200,000. You may find that the old engine and transmission will wear out very quickly as a result.

But check with the guys at swedespeed.com for details on superchargers vs turbo's. My tendency would be to pick the supercharger because installation should be simpler.

Reply to
Roadie