Tie Rod End Question

I need to replace the tie rod ends on my early '73 Super. I've read the Muir manual for the instructions, but I'm still nervous about attempting it. Is it easier to buy the whole tie rod than to just replace the ends? Can I get some feedback and maybe some tips from those with experience? I have a huge shimmy at 40-50 mph BUT only on right hand turns such as on and off ramps. Is there something else I should be checking to help this? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Houdsie

I doubt that tie rod ends are the problem.

Supers are notorious for this kind of bad behavior. See:

also search their site for "shimmies" for more articles.

If you decide to replace tie rod ends, the complete tie rod may be easier. Often the fine threads on the rods are badly rusted to the shells and taking apart requires a torch.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Reply to
D&LBusch