Seat Belt/Ignition Key Alarm Relay

My sons '92 245 seatbelt/ignition key in the ignition is sounding continuoulsy. I assume it must be the relay, but am not positive. I would like to know if anyone has experienced this problem and could tell me where the relay that controls the warning "Ding-ding_ding" is located.

Or if you have any suggestions in solving this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

jow

Reply to
joe

I don't know how to treat the problem but I may be able to help with the symptom. I did as many others I know did with their 240's, undid the felt cover above the drivers knees (right hand drive - Australia) and there was one wire (can't remember but I think black or dark grey) which ran right to left (or vise versa) with a white long rectangular connector about the middle. Undid it and then didn't have to listen to the extra noises, eg door open and key in ignition, lights left on etc.

Don't remember the seat belt being part of the equation, though. Although that can be disconnected also. Don't know where the relay is but I got peace.

Hope this helps or someone far more knowledgeable is able to help. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Savage