Sell my fantastic 760 wagon stereo installation

I have a cherry '90 760 wagon that served as a hobby vehicle for stereo installs while I engineered the new 9-liter (yes, nine!) mid-engined drivetrain that's going to use all that space in the rear. Consequently, I'm selling off all my current equipment. All about 6 years old, lightly used, all receipts, tons of pix available.

Kicker KZ1000 amp - factory tested at 1736 watts + remote gain Kicker KZ240 amp - tested at 470 watts + hi-pass module Kicker KZ120 amp - tested at 257 watts + lo-pass module (2) Kicker sink links, to connect all three amps into one unit that stretches glass-to-glass across the back of the rear seat. (4) Kicker crossovers (2) Kicker 8" subs for mid-base (2) Kicker 6" for mids (2) Kicker neodymium tweets (4) JBL GTX 15" subs

1/0 Tiff wiring, 140 amp fuse, distribution blocks, etc.

All this was chosen and configured with much communication with Kicker's techs in Stillwater (I'm a mechanical engineer, and just LOVE this stuff!)

The best part it my super custom module that mounts all but the non-sub drivers behind the rear of the back seat - it includes a new spare tire door, and is covered in Volvo grey carpet - it's the third evolution that's been in the car, and is the best trade-off between room consumed, technical sophistication, and "wow" factor. The amps are on top and visible (wires hidden), and all the electronics are visible on smoked plexi when you flip the back seats down - along with a voltmeter and purple neon. . .

The subs are mounted as a pair of two-driver units in correctly-sized chambers, each driver bolted face-to-face (out of phase) in a configuration called "isobaric push-pull". The sound is actually generated out of the back of the two outer drivers, and is aimed to the rear, to bounce off the nice vertical rear glass. The Volvo is so long that I had to create an even longer wave path to eliminate some phase cancellation at the front seats at low frequencies.

All of this joy can be yours for, say $3500.00. It's currently in my daily driver and wired and usable. Love to send pix to interested parties.

Oh yeah, when it was configured as (4) ported subs in a HUGE box that took up EVERYTHING behind the rear seats, I hit 150.8 db at a competition at a HiFI Buys in Atlanta (and was beaten by a CRX!) Now it's about 134 db, but much cleaner sound.

I'll miss it, but I want the new project!

Forrest McCanless

Reply to
Forrest McCanless

Try ebay, or one of the stereo groups, most of us Volvo guys don't give a rat's ass about any of that stuff and a 9 liter engine taking up the entire cargo area sounds like the most useless and pointless Volvo wagon on the face of the earth, I feel sorry for that poor car.

Reply to
James Sweet