Service light XC70, 2005

Hi .. How do I turn off the service light ... Thanks, Bobt

Take it in for dealer service. That is why it is there.
--
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA, USA
Owned '67,'68,'71,'74,'79,'81,'87,'93,'95 & '01 Volvos.

Try some black electrical tape.
--
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA, USA
Owned '67,'68,'71,'74,'79,'81,'87,'93,'95 & '01 Volvos.
LOL I understand so well! Perhaps a small card over the dash?
So sorry you are having issues with a new vehicle!

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:51:05 -0400, Steve ( snipped-for-privacy@microsoft.com) wrote:

A service light doesn't indicate that anything is wrong. It simply means the vehicle needs its routine service (usually every 5000 miles).
--
Many a smale maketh a grate -- Geoffrey Chaucer

On my '95 850 it is every 10,000 miles. On my '01 XC70 it is every 7,500 miles. On turbos it is more often.
There are 2 different lights:
Service light indicates routine service. It is triggered by the odometer. It is predictable and can be anticipated.
Check Engine light indicates the computer has detected an abnormality. It usually has a sense of urgency connected with it.
--
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA, USA
Owned '67,'68,'71,'74,'79,'81,'87,'93,'95 & '01 Volvos.
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:05:14 -0400, Stephen Henning ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) wrote:

Certainly, and on every Volvo I've owned, turns itself off once a defined period of time has passed after the engine is started.

I thought the OP was concerned about the Service Light and not the Check Engine light, but perhaps I'm mistaken.
--
Many a smale maketh a grate -- Geoffrey Chaucer

He was, but some of the responders thought he had something wrong. As you pointed out, he doesn't.
--
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA, USA
Owned '67,'68,'71,'74,'79,'81,'87,'93,'95 & '01 Volvos.
You have a warranty, why guess--bring it to the dealer! Quite often the light will come on if the fuel tank cap is not tightened fully so it clicks, however in the very unlikely chance that there is a serious issue with your new XC70 I would strongly suggest that you bring it to the dealer--they should be able to arrange a while you wait appointment or perhaps a loaner.
Best luck!
Steve

Steve wrote:

The OP stated that the service light was on not the check engine light the car needs to be serviced
--
"*-344-*Never Forgotten"
Is for the New York City Firemen who lost their lives on September 11,2001.

11,2001.
life